Saturday, April 26, 2008

Braveheart - They'll never take our freedom!



Braveheart has to be one of the greatest epics ever made. Clocking in well over 3 hours, the time just flies by. Sure, the history is romanticized a bit, but afterall we are watching a movie.

Its an incredibly inspiring tale of William Wallace, a revolutionary freedom fighter for Scotland.

The film's fighting scenes are extremely well done. And although there is violence in the film, its not glamorized and it serves the point.

I remember the first time I saw Braveheart. After the end of it, I felt the same way I did when I saw Rocky. I had this great feeling of inspiration and motivation. I felt like we lived in a world, in which, the underdog can claim victory.

The following scene has to be its most famous. I call it the Knute Rockney speech. It's like the halftime speech when your team is down by 20 points and all looks lost. Here comes the leader to say "we can do this!" It really gets the blood flowing.



No comments: