Thursday, April 3, 2008

Goodfellas - Joe Pesci Funny how? Scene




I'm a firm believer that there are two kinds of people in this world: Godfather people or Goodfellas people. I fall into the Goodfellas category. Don't get me wrong, I loved The Godfather as much as the next person, but Goodfellas is the quintisential mob story.

First off it gets to the underbelly of the mafia. With The Godfather, these were the biggest of the big mob bosses. You feel like the Corleones owned cities. With Goodfellas, it ewas brought down to a local level. These were guys you saw hanging on the street corner everyday. They also did their own dirty work. If something had to be done, they wouldn't make a phone call. They would come down their personally to remedy the situation.

The "funny how" scene is probably the most memorable. It really shows how dangerous being the mafia. It really goes to show if something said can be taken the wrong way, there are severe consequences. You could see it in Ray Liotta's face. His face clearly says "Oh my God, is this guy going to kill me because I called him funny?"

No comments: