Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fish Called Wanda - Otto Speaking Italian



Ok, this is a bit of a cheat, this isn't one scene, its two, but its just s damn funny. Anybody who is into irreverent British humor much like the Monty Python Series, then A fish Called Wanda is right up your alley. Fitting, because it starts 2 of the actors from the Monty Python Series: John Cleese & Michael Palin.

In this scenes, Otto, played by Kevin Kline, seduces Wanda (Jamie Lee Curtis) by (sort of) speaking Italian. When he says "Benito Mussolini" I loose it everytime. I literally lost my breath I'm laughing that hard. He's using all these words that everybody knows, but says them in this thick Italian accent. Parmessana! con spinacha! Good God, that's hillarious! As if foods and Mussolini are how to really excite a woman.

Everytime I see the movie, I drop whatever I am doing and I have to watch it. I just have to! The jokes still work for me even if I've seen them like a couple hundred times.

This is not for everybody. If you're into the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, then A Fish Called Wanda is probably not up your alley.

No comments: