Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shaun of the Dead - He's Not my Boyfriend Scene



I know this is barely a scene, but it kills me every time. For those that don't know "Shaun of the Dead" is an over the top satire on horror-zombie genre. Its incredibly graphic, but done so in such a tongue & cheek sort of way, I doubt even the most squeamish can be scared of it.

I know most people remember the slapstickish jokes, which are hillarious. But like the scene above, the dryer conversational humor is what dropped me to the ground. You can tell they borrow pretty heavily from the Monty Python crew, yet they seem to make it their own.

The film is also a lot smarter than the premise would indicate. There is a lot of social commentary being said in the film. Shaun of the Dead really takes a swing at the media, and human beings way of dealing with a crisis.

The hardest thing about the film is trying to pick out your favorite scene. You will literally be laughing all the way through it.

No comments: